Getting into God’s Word
Getting Into God’s Word Lesson 1
Be sure to read the post that goes along with this lesson on our church’s Facebook page.
- What are some of your thoughts each morning when your alarm goes off?
- Read John 15:4-5 What truths does verse 4 teach us about managing our lives?
- And what truth does verse 5 teach?
- Take a moment to think about these two verses and their messages to us. What can you conclude regarding managing our spiritual life?
- Read Isaiah 40:30-31. What is the condition of the “the youth” and “the young men” in verse 30?
- By contrast what happens to “those who wait on the Lord? (verse 31)
- Do you agree or disagree that time spent with the Lord in His Word is always time well spent? Take a minute to reflect on the past few weeks. Have you spent time in God’s Word? About how often? About how much time per day? Per week? What changes must you make to spend each day reading your Bible?
- First Time. Think back to a time when you spent the first minutes of your day reading your Bible. What difference did meeting with God first thing make in your day?
- Early Time. First things first. We know meeting with God each day is the most important thing a busy woman can do to manage her life. And early seems to be the key. How did these busy people accomplish meeting with God?
- Abraham (Gen 19:27)
- David (Ps 5:3)
- Jesus (Mark 1:35)
- Your Time
- What time do you normally get up?
- What time does your family normally get up?
- For you to get up a little earlier to ensure time, first time, early time with God, what time would you need to get up to have your time?
- Would you be willing to get up at the time you just indicated for five days so that you, regardless of how busy your days are, can soar with passion and purpose like an eagle through your busy days?